Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

WHAT DO YOU DO WHILE YOU'RE QUILTING OR SEWING?


WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHEN QUILTING OR SEWING?


A few weeks ago at my Thursday Sassy Sewers meeting we all had this same discussion about what we do or think about when we're home alone quilting or sewing?  I thought the topic would be a good one to share with you and get your feedback.  It will be fun to share your comments with my fellow Sassy Sewers.


Gmama Jane with Sassy Sewers quilting on a quilt showcasing Patches from Fire Dept.s all over the country and even a few foreign countries.

As for me, I HAVE to have background noise whether its the TV, radio, or even nature.  I love to open my windows in my sewing room and listen to my birds, squirrels, chickens, Jeffrey the Rooster, etc.....

I like the radio with political talk shows and genealogy some of my favorite.  Contemporary jazz, R&B Classics, 60's music (because it takes me back to good memories of Jr. High/High School), Bluegrass like Alison Kraus/Ricky Skaggs, and Praise and Worship.  That is one eclectic group of music choices, is it not?  Sort of like my Quilting???

I do have a TV and prefer to watch tutorials with my favorite being Missouri Star Quilt Company!!!  Going there is on my Bucket List?  How about you?  I fulfilled one of my Bucket List destinations on Monday!!!!!!  Every Quilter should go there to be amazed, challenged, and awestruck as I was.

I will share with you in my next post where I went?  I bet most of you can guess.  Want to try to guess where I went?  Go on....give it a shot!

SEW...leave me some comments.  What do you do while quilting or doing any type of needlework?  Do you snack or have a cuppa near by?  What do you listen to or do you prefer to listen to nothing?

  AND........

WHERE DO YOU THINK I WENT THIS PAST WEEK THAT MIGHT BE ON EVERY QUILTER'S BUCKET LIST?


BLESSINGS

11 comments:

  1. What do I do while quilting? Well, in the past I have listened to the TV but these days it is over-kill with politics. Sometimes I practice my choir part ... but I need my computer connections to get the notes on line (and my server has been terminated). From morning to 6:pm, I have a cup of coffee going. And often I do piecing while riding the train or sitting in a meeting. Oh yes, and being a mouse-year person, I nibble.
    Where did you go? Not to a fabric store, certainly (who needs more fabric when it is multiplying on its own?). A quilt show? I'm sure you have done that already. A quilt group? Yes, that might be fun but probably you have done that before. So, I'll guess a quilt class with some celebrity teacher. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Missouri Star - is that where you went? I hardly ever sew but that doesn't stop me from buying fabric! While I sew I keep the house quiet and think through gift ideas and make mental to-do lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing a taping of The Quilt Show was on my bucket list. I crossed that one off on my birthday a couple of years ago.I would love to do it again though. Visiting Missouri Star is also on my list. Someday. Did you by any chance go to Paducah? That is my guess and yes it is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have HORRIBLE tinitus (and have had ever since I can remember) . So for me background noise us a must to try to drown out the constant shrill I have in my ears! I have wireless headphones and will listen to music or a book or else I put on a show I know so all I have to do is listen and not really have to pay attention!! I have 'seen' Charmed, Ghost Whisperer, and Friends more times than I care to admit! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the detailed article.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading out many of your articles and it’s clever stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog. 경마

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with your good post.You put really very helpful information. Feel free to visit my website; 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovey is your posting, This will surely get a lot of interests from others like me. Hope this would be share it to others more and more so that everyone would love to see your postings more and more. I am also sharing good thing with you the site that is very good for sports betting through Internet in Korea, This will guide you how to find a good betting site which is TOTO site in Korea
    https://edosoft.com/
    Check this out for having a good experience of winning the bet!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...