Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fridays Pretty Little Things




Fabulous Fall

A Friend over at Pretty Little Things is always hosting Friday Pretties and this week I"ve posted:

a baby quilt being quilted in the quilt frame by my chair
The color theme is Pink & Chocolate Brown
I found a pattern I liked and incorporated my own color scheme
to match the colors of the new baby's nursery!!

Pink Polka Dot Teddy Bears






Old Country Roses China & Fall Foliage
Don't you want to share a cup of tea with me in this beautiful tea set?
This is from my favorite set of china that I've been collecting since 2003.

Old Country Roses (OCR) is the oldest china pattern still in circulation

I actually began collecting this pattern when I bought a tea cup at Marshall's
and before I knew it 1 cup turned into a complete setting for 12. No pieces are brand new but rather from my relentless pursuit of discounted items at any MARSHALLS or T.J. Maxx I could find. Family members helped out and within 1 year I had most of my set. Now, I'm looking for those extra's that come with the set such as butter knives, gravy bowl, etc...
You are looking at the tablescape in my front foyer. You can see the staircase behind with the wool stair runner that we installed back in 1987 when the hosue was built. It has withstood 3 children, over 20 Christmas mornings, teenagers stomping down or sneaking up after curfew, toddlers sliding down, and daughters dressed for Prom coming down to meet their dates. This old house has a lot of memories within it's walls and on it's floors. I pray God's Blessings on this house that became a home and where Love abides!
Tonight, this house has a guest...a sleeping little 2 yr. old Prince named Scott who is spending the night with Grandmama & PaPaw so his Mama can drive his Daddy to the airport early in the morning. My post will be short as I need to get to bed in anticipation of an early riser, breakfast, then library storytime tomorrow morning
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and visiting Hattie! One of my granddaughters has a brown and pink bedroom. It's a little hard to find fabrics in that color combo. BTW, your blog setting is set at "no reply" so I had to leave a comment here rather than reply to your comment. Hope you are enjoying some nice fall weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty and beautiful china set! I have a few pieces of this and that collected from Marshalls and TJ Maxx too!
    Have a joyous time with your little visiting Prince! I love library time with my grand kiddos!
    Sweet blessings for a lovely weekend,
    Gloria @}~`}~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Sat you will have Prince James :-) You sure are one loved and busy Grandmamma!! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...