Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Blessings

Happy St. Patrick's Day
from 
Gmama Jane

May Joy and Peace surround YOU
Contentment latch your Door
And Happiness be with YOU now,
And Bless YOU evermore.
                                          Irish Blessing

Isn't this little St. Paddie's Lady just the cutest thing ever??!!
My heritage is Scott-Irish and would love to know more about my family in the old country.
How many of you have seen the TV series that takes famous people and searches their genealogical roots?
So, fascinating and has made me want to take what I already know about my heritage and go to the next step.  I've joined Ancestory.com and hopefully will add information to my family history particularly on my mother's side.
 
Here is a picture of my favorite little leprechaun
 James spending time with Aunt LaLa
 
Progress Report:
This little leprechaun stood for 30 minutes with minimum support last week in physical therapy!!  As most of you know, James has Cerebral Palsy and he is making such great progress!  He is currently enrolled in Horseback riding lessons which mimics to the brain the act of WALKING!! Isn't that miraculous???
James must work hard to keep his balance while on the horse and the slow gait of the horse makes the brain think that James is walking.  I never realized how important walking is to all stages of development across the board.  
James WILL WALK independently one day and what a glorious day that will be!

I've heard from several Grandmothers out there who have grandchildren with developmental issues and I am amazed at the unconditional love we feel for these precious gifts.  Our lives are richer for having them in our lives!

BTW, here is an interesting contest so I thought I would bring your attention to it just in case you're interested.  I did something wrong when I copied the linky info but you can read the address at the bottom of the picture.

Today's post is short...I have lots of quilting and sewing projects to complete.  I am in an apron swap which needs to be mailed out on Monday!  
SEW.....let's go SEWing!!!

I know...it says Happy new Year but I thought it looked more like St Patrick's Day than New Years so I used it anyway.  I can do that if I want...I'm a big girl now and can do whatever I choose.

May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty
Old Irish Blessing
Gmama Jane

5 comments:

  1. What a heart warming post! That little James is just adorable and good for him to be making such progress! He is blessed to have a praying grandmother! Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comment. Happy St. Patricks Day to you!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest picture! I love seeing that smiling face. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic of James, what a happy little feller he is! I have Scottish and Irish blood too, and English and Welsh, like many Aussies' ancestors some of those people were sent here as "guests of the government" - yes, they were convicts - something once to be hidden, but now not so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go James for standing on your own! May he spend many hours enjoying his horseback riding lessons. Sounds like fun therapy,maybe the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable photo of your sweet James. I am glad to hear he is able to go riding on a horse. I bet that is so much fun for him! My prayers are with you today for his continued progress.

    I have Irish blood in me too. I loved the Old Irish blessing...very sweet!! :)

    Your quilt trip looks amazing!! What a bunch of beautiful quilts you saw. I am happy you got to go, see, and learn more about one of your favorite loves. And, a surprise visit with family added to that mix!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xoxo Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...