Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BACK FROM SMOKEY MTN. QUILTFEST

HOME AGAIN 
SMOKEY MOUNTAIN QUILTFEST 2013

I've been in Quilt Nirvana surrounded not only by gorgeous Quilts, Quilt Masters, Quilt Notions, but the Spectacular Scenery of The Great Smokey Mountains!
Weather was predicted to be warm and springlike...Nah, Mother Nature had something different in mind.
It was COLD!!!  Snow Flurries!!!
But we had this Gloriously Huge Fireplace to break the chill
#1 Husband is Cheesing for all the Quilting Divas "on your blog"  as he puts it.
The Cabin came compliments of my Niece, Jenny, who owns the house, and allows us the privilege of using it each spring during Quiltfest.
I can take a totally sparse and uncluttered space and turn it into a
cluttered Sewing Nook in a matter of minutes....just like I did in the Cabin's Kitchen.
I had to sew standing up which for a short person isn't so bad.
The sunroom used to be one big sauna which has been turned into a much more livable space.
Gotta have the Big screen TV.  you are looking out over the TOPS of trees on the top of a Ridge near downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Gmama & Cindy Blackburg...guru of hand quilting & piecing.

Want or NEED some Quilt Notions???  

Each Year, The Mountain Heritage Challenge determines a theme, designates fabrics to be used, and quilters all over are challenged to interpret the theme any way they choose as long as guidelines are strictly adhered to.  You can read the Challenge for 2012.

Here are just a sampling of the Challenge Quilts:






These are HAND QUILTED STITCHES !!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Quilt walk with me!!
Blessings



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jane, I wish I'd known you were in my neck of the woods! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful Smoky Mountains. The QuiltFest is always a popular event, and the matelasse quilts with those tiny hand-stitches are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great time! Love going to quilt shows and seeing all the things people come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...