Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

SASSY SEWERS...NICU AND NILMDTS QUILTS


UNTO THE LEAST OF THESE...
NICU AND NILMDTS QUILTS


FEB. 12, 2015 SASSY SEWERS MADE 
25 BLANKETS/QUILTS

NILMDTS
I'VE PROVIDED A LINK TO THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION'S HOME PAGE.
18409_10153138823748701_7609266058676175082_n

Precious Blue crocheted blanket and cap for NILMDTS

May I challenge you and your group to consider supporting this wonderful organization.
Call your local Hospital to see if the NILMDTS service is available in your area.


Small crocheted animal used in photography and keepsake for the Family

My daughter is a volunteer Photography Area Coordinator for North Alabama.
She uses these small animals as a prop and along with the gown, hat, blanket/quilt, are given to the grieving families as a keepsake.

My Quilting/Stitching group loves using our skills for the sweet babies in the Regional NICU as well.  The NICU blankets can be colorful, cutesy prints and wild.  The NILMDTS must be solid or "low volume" with no cutesy prints, etc... Understated would be a good word to describe our NILMDTS blankets.

Hope your group will look into sharing your Quilting/Crocheting/Knitting skills for a worthy purpose.  Check with your local hospital, quilt shop, or
 Project Linus Area Coordinator.
Project Linus


Blessings



3 comments:

  1. What a great group you are part of. The busy hands have made some lovely quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great cause for sure. I have the cap and blanket I received in a bag in my closet. I only wish there had been beautiful pictures taken if my sweet angel! 18 years ago this service did not exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every thing looks so cuddly and for such a wonderful cause...good on you Jane..

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...