5 Reasons I Love New Fabric
WALK IN THE WOODS
Aneela Hoey for Moda Fabrics
Charm Packages; A Walk in the Woods & Little Apples
By Aneela Hoey for Moda
1. I Love getting Packages in the Mail. I especially love to come home and find a package on my front porch and then Thank the Good Lord my dogs didn't decide to have that package for lunch. Opening it up to find fabric all folded and packaged so nicely.
2. Opening the package and spreading out all my new goodies on the kitchen table. I love looking at the packaging and deciding what I'm going to open first! I chose 'Walk in the Wood's by Aneela Hoey for Moda. She designs the most unique lines of fabric. Do you see the second Charm package," Little Apples"?
Isn't this the cutest fabric?? I think I may combine both charm packets and make a charm quilt since I can't stand cutting into even one little square. It will be my first charm quilt!
3. Deciding what project will make the best use of the new fabric? Right now, a charm quilt is my first choice but I'd love some suggestions.
4. Picking out a just right container for my new fabric. I'm all about using cute baskets, pretty boxes or plastic containers. Dollar General, Family Dollar, The Dollar Tree are three of my favorite haunts for cute and cheap containers.
5. The Feel of New Fabric!! I'm partial to Kona Snow...aaahhh..the feel of that new white fabric makes me think of FRESH! I didn't take a picture but I got 2 yrds. of Kona Snow with the two charm packages of "A Walk in the Woods" and "Little Apples" . I also bought a downloadable embroidery pattern by the same fabric designer Aneela Hoey, called "Cherry on the Tree Swing".
I can't wait to start on this quilt and use the embroidery pattern in some of the blocks. My creative juices are running wild. Any suggestions???
Remember Tomorrow is Easter Sunday
If you have any prayer requests, updates, praise reports just email them to me at