Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, August 24, 2012

UPDATES and SHORT BLOG BREAK

Isn't this Hysterical????  The First Time #1 Husband attended a Quilt Show and they gave him plastic gloves to wear???
Oh it was Funny my friends!!

UPDATE ON #1 HUSBAND:  Biopsy went very well on Monday morning.  We called this morning to check on the report and the nurse said they were sending #1 to Radiology "because the Dr. didn't get enough cells in the first biopsy".  So...here we go again.  The nurse will call us back for a second biopsy date.  Until then...

Things are pretty busy around the Farm with school starting back and Gmama in the Pre-K car line daily, Dr. appointments, and various other deadlines.  
With all that's going on I've decided to take a little Blog Break till Sept. 10th when the next Dots on Dots Blog Hop begins.  The old saying...I need to "get the Ox out of the Ditch".  I'm feeling a little stressed so I'm going to listen to my body and take a few things off my plate for a couple of weeks.  

 IF we should happen to get a BAD report back from the second biopsy, I promise to write a post telling everyone.  Which means, No new will be Good News!  I'm so grateful for your concern, prayers, and encouragement.  I'll leave you with some pictures from my sewing room as well as some blog hop winnings!!

Don't these colorful WONKY STARS make you smile?

4 block squares from Wonky Star Block members
Christmas Fabric winnings
Notice the Polka Dots grouped together?
Wonder what those may be used for?  Hmmm???

Another WIN from Sharon at Dancing Thru Threads
PLUS some adorable fabric that I can't show because it's being used in a gift I'm sewing!
I LOVE LOVE this Magazine!!

A Doll Quilt from Diane at Doll Quilt Swap!
Diane added the cutest little mug rug!
I actually use mug rugs for everything from a pad to sit my curling iron on, a pad under my sewing machine, beside my machine, on my bedside table, beside my sewing chair, beside my computer keyboard, etc...  You name it and a cute little mug rug is sitting on a table somewhere in the Farmhouse.

 My FIRST attempts at Log Cabin Blocks!
Don't laugh!  If there was a way to mess up (notice I was polite and didn't say *screw up*) I found a way in making this pattern.  All my friends at "Quilts and Things" on Facebook have laughed along with me and helped me figure out my problem.  
Pitiful, isn't it?
 I'll still be checking in on Facebook so if you're on FB add me as a friend! Jane Shrewsbury Hillis
Plus, I'm with two other groups "Stitches from the Heart" (join us!) and "Quilts and Things"
You're welcome to join!

Until Sept. 10th
Blessings

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're taking a break to take care of yourself. We all need to do that every now and then. Hopefully, the report will come back with no problems and that will also give you some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I chuckled loudly the instant I saw the 1st picture. Priceless! I love the wonky stars and congrats on the winnings. You did just fine with the log cabin blocks. Enjoy your break and I'll still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,

    Sorry that the first biopsy was not complete enough for a diagnosis. I'm glad you are taking time to give yourself some "space".

    I've added you as a friend on facebook.

    Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to relax and enjoy this break.Looking forward to your blog in September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care - we'll all be praying and we'll be happy to "see you in September"....hmmmm, now I'm humming that song. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. A break sometimes is welcome.Have fun and great break!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny they gave your hubby gloves to wear at the quilt show. So sorry he is having to go in for another biopsy. I am praying for you guys. Enjoy your blogging break, if you have a moment to?? :) Hang in there!!

    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you are listening to your body and taking a break. Take all the time you need, and know that your friends are praying for both you and Roger.
    I love the quilt at the top. Hey, we have a Kingston Penn in Ontario too! I found it when I was doing ancestral research and one of my ancestors names was ---Oh, Oh-too much information. Take care. Soft hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the update. I will continue to hold both of you in prayer. With classroom prep, calls to teachers of a newly enrolled student, interviews for a new para educator it has been a busy week. Inservice is officially next week with students starting on Sept 4. (A WI law) I haven't had time to blog or read blogs either. Please take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks! I hope not to hear a peep from you until the 10th!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Sunbonnet Sue is too funny. I never thought I would say this but, I hope I do not hear from you for a bit...until Sept. 10th. I will be praying for you. No need to email me back. You can take that off your plate of things. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand about you needing a break. Still praying for DH's biopsy to come out negative. Will miss your blogs, but will definitely keep up with you on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had to laugh at the little quilt above! What a hoot! Wish I'd been there when hubby was given his little striped dress and marched away. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. You take all the time you and your family need. We'll be here waiting.
    Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the update! It may take a 2nd biopsy, but better safe than sorry Jane. Enjoy your break; spend time with #1 Hubby, and relax the best you can. Prayers & healing thoughts continue to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the chain gang! I'm hoping it's good news, and we don't hear from you until Sep 10.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a wonderful break Jane - get lots of stitching done. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...