Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blessings

Blessings to each of you as we here in America celebrate Thanksgiving! 
It has become one of my favorite if not my most favorite Holiday...
no presents, few decorations, just Good Food and Family!

I've not blogged much this past week as I have been getting my home ready for family. We won't have as large of a group this year but with just my immediate family there are 12...so that's a CROWD in my book!
Today I battled the grocery store for the upteenth time this week!
I'm making my own pumpkin pies this year
I use the recipe on the back of the can of Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix.
DeWIcious according to 3 yr. old Sidekick Scott
He was quite upset that Grandmama left him home with PaPaw while she went grocery shopping!
"But you'll be all alone?!" cried Sidekick Scott.
A 3 yr. old doesn't understand that being all alone can sometimes be a gift!

I'll be back later this weekend perhaps not till Monday depending on how I feel.  I usually decorate the house for Christmas on the Sat./Sun. after Thanksgiving now that I've given in to having an artificial tree.  I stood my ground for years...LIVE TREE ONLY..until I finally got tired of the pine needles and the shortened amount of time I could leave my Christmas tree up and I gave in to putting up a FAKE TREE.  I must admit, I can't tell the difference.  Now that I'm older and the experience of going to a Christmas Tree farm, picking out the perfect tree, and cutting it down is but a delightful memory, putting up my fake tree is quite nice.
So...
GIVE THANKS
 Remember your American Thanksgiving History
and of course enjoy some sage Thanksgiving wisdom from our always festive
Maxine
Enjoy Past Thanksgiving Memories when our children were small
Why on earth are those two little spunky girls snarling up there noses? The one on the end with the blue T-Shirt is the Baby of the family, still spunky and the Laugh Factory of our Family!


9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you to, Gmama Jane! We will have 9 for Thanksgiving here this year so will be a very nice day (though I confess I do share Maxine's attitude early on Thanksgiving morning!).

    Blessings to you and yours as well...

    GrammaSheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, too. Food, friends, and family...perfect! It sounds like Husband #1 is recovering well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of all Thanksgivings - No family will be here this year and we will only be feeding the two of us, but will do the whole feast. Love those leftovers and must have the house smelling like Thanksgiving - just makes me happy. Happy decorating - we will be at the craft festival. JudyCnNC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with lots of Love and Laughter, that many new memories will be made to Treasure. That seeds of love will be planted in the hearts of your Grandchildren and that those seeds will grow into beautiful traditions that will be shared for many years to come. With Love ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :) I hope you enjoy your family day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warmest wishes to you and yours. All my kids are in the states having mini reunions on both the East coast and West coast. Lucky them. I am awaiting pictures and enjoying quiet with no cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you, darling friend!! We've got a good crowd, too -- fourteen total! Fire is going in the fireplace at the pavilion and we have a turkey in both ovens! Starting to smell GOOD!! Hugs & love to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jane ,many blessings to you and your beautiful family. Happy Thanksgiving hope you had a wonderful day with all of your family.
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...