Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Today is the Day that the Lord hath made!

I pray that we will all remember the true meaning of this Memorial Day weekend by praying for and honoring those
fallen heroes from wars past & present! May God Bless Them & their families!

Memorial Day is the beginning of summer in my mind. My porches and patio are getting closer to being ready for the summer grilling season. The morning coffee tastes better outside on my front porch since its cooler than the patio in the early morning. I need to plant more flowers in my containers since my dogs love to dig up anything I plant in the ground. Hank, my border collie, dug up my brand new Hydrangea bush. He's living on the edge, that crazy hyper active dog!!

Tomorrow begins with the Grandpeeps participating in the local Cotton Row Fun Run. They will run/walk the 1 mile course along with my son Matthew who will be pushing Grandson James in his super cool new lime green wheelchair. For those of you new to my blog and our family, James is 2 1/2 & born premature to my wonderful daughter, Mary Ellen and son-in-law, Josh. James has Cerebral Palsy with the main affected areas being the legs. Cognitively, James is a very bright child & knows his colors, letters, and can read certain words such as POW, POP, etc...

James may be "pushed" in this year's race but with the Grace of God, our prayer is that he may use his own two legs in next year's race. You see, James is having a very life changing surgery on June 10th at St. Louis Children's Hospital which is a 6 hr. drive from our home here in Alabama. This surgery involves opening up his spine and clipping the nerves that cause the tightness (spasticity) in his legs. After a 3-7 hr. surgery, James will be much like an infant motor wise and will begin the long long road of daily therapy to regain/reteach his muscles/legs how to move & walk.

Right now, all we can think of is making it through the immediate surgery and getting James home safely. You can understand why "Running" with his Uncle Matthew in this race is so symbolic for our Sweet Baby James. Please pray with us as we prepare for the difficult road ahead. Pray for the medical team who will perform the surgery, Dr. T.S. Parks, therapists, nurses, parents, &Grandparents, that everything will go as God wills it to go. Pray for us to be able to leave James in God's hands.

This surgery is called SDR for short and you can Google those letters "SDR surgery" and get more info. There may be a person out there with a child or family member in need of this surgery. In fact, my daughter found out thru a blog and her own research about the surgery and Dr. Parks in St. Louis.

Today's post has been more serious than funny but it was important to me to share these thoughts with you.

God Bless America and Our Soldiers

GMAMA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...