Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Musings

I feel like I'm in a candy store and don't know what to pick first...this long stretch of summer days and weeks ahead. There are so many "to do" projects I don't know where to start. Many items are "have to" projects" such as painting the bathroom, cleaning the laundry room, shampooing the carpet, washing the windows, while others are "want to " projects such as tiling the kitchen back splash, painting some garden chairs/old windows, planting flowers everywhere, quilting, quilting, & more quilting. Then there are old friends to invite to lunch, folks who need a visit, garden produce to can/freeze, camping trips, blogging, and play dates with Grandchildren. How on earth do I get it all in?? I think I'll make a cup of tea and ponder awhile...

Ok, so as I'm pondering quietly to myself on this first day without any grandchildren, just me and my quiet house, the phone rings. Can I keep the peeps while daughter-in-law goes to get her teeth cleaned...only take an hour at most...sure why not?! Phone rings again..daughter has invited some old friends who are passing thru on their way home to Canada to MY HOUSE!!..sure why not?!

By 1:30 p.m. I had all 5 grandchildren, one daughter, one daughter-in-law passing thru, 2 adults with their 5 yr. old little girl and then PaPaw comes home early from fishing wanting to know if I can help him locate some long lost item....

Where did my quiet day all by myself go??????????? Just a typical day on the farm at Grandmama's house!

The rest of the week will be spent packing and getting ready for our trip to St. Louis Children's Hospital for Grandson James's spinal surgery. Our visitors today went thru this same surgery with their 5 yr. old daughter back in Feb. We were anxious to see Ellie and marvel at the progress she has made since surgery. Thanks Boggs family for giving us encouragement and hope. Families who live with a child with Cerebral Palsy have a common bond, knowing full well the daily struggles each one deals with. James is a gift from God to our family. Please pray with us for the entire medical team that will be operating on James this June 10th. Pray for us to know what to do to make James comfortable after surgery. Pray for daughter Mary Ellen to have the strength to care for James during those first 24 hrs after surgery and for Daddy Josh to be the support his family needs. Pray for PaPaw & Grandmama to be a strong support for Mary Ellen & Josh so they can concentrate on caring for James.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...