Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Poem


James on Race Day in his New Wheelchair with his name and
car logo monogrammed on back of his seat


James and Uncle Matthew cross the finish line in the 2010 Cotton Row Fun Run

I want to share a poem written by my daughter

A POEM FOR MY SON

Challenged
Some say that I am disabled
But you know that isn't true
I simply have a challenge
A little different from you.

My slight inconvenience has taught me
Things you could not know
Each obstacle is a victory
Enabling me to grow.

I'm not really any different
I cry, I laugh, I snore
I don't want to be treated
As if I'm not a person anymore.

Out of good intentions
People are afraid to let me try
But sometimes I have to fail
And sometimes I need to cry.

God gives me strength and dignity
And the courage to be all I can be.
For He doesn't see me as disabled
He just sees me as me!

written by:
MaryEllen Hillis Pollard
Mother of James Patrick Pollard (born premature Oct. 8, 2007 and diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at 6 months)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...