Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Fotos

I thought I would take some pictures of quilts that are 'in process" so to speak.  The teddy bear quilt will be a gift for a baby girl.  The Black Toille & Sage Green Quilt is ready for the quilt frame.  She will be a gift to my baby daughter Anna Laura who chose the color palate I chose the fabric. I Love Love Love this quilt because it is unlike any color scheme I've ever done.  I think it has a more contemporary look to it even though it is still a patchwork quilt.....much more like my daughter than using vintage colors.  

Anna Laura is thrilled so I just need to get this show on the road.  

What's holding me up??  Hubby has to put together my new quilting frame!!  I actually ordered an old fashioned quilt frame which will have to go in the dining room for now until I decide a better placement for me and "Lucy Loo" (I name my quilts).  Today's post is short because I've wasted way too much time blog hopping and looking at everyone else's quilts.  I'm also involved in a local fund raiser event scheduled for Friday evening and I'm one of the Leaders in charge of Food Vendors.  

We are raising funds to have a community built playground complete with bells & whistles AND HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE!!!!  Why do you say is this such a big deal?  Because my precious 3 yr. old grandson was born premature and has Cerebral Palsy.  James is making awesome progress in his journey toward independent walking but it will be several years before he gets there.  In the meantime, a playground that he and other special needs children in our community can use is near and dear to my heart!!!

Here She is "Lucy Loo"

              Lucy Loo is ready to be hand quilted...my winter project!


Can you see the double border I added??  That was my design


                                 I plan to quilt like crazy inside the Black Toille Blocks to make them stand out!
                    Not sure what quilting motif to use...any suggestions????????????????????????????????????????
                                           
                                                    This will be Ella's quilt
          I love the colors in this quilt.  I tried machine blanket stitching and it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped.  I can't seem to find the proper stitch on my Brother sewing machine.  I'm a much better hand quilter but with my arthritis getting worse I need to sharpen my machine sewing skills in order to finish quilts before the Rapture!!

 

Here is the backing to Teddy bear quilt (above).  My photo doesn't show the richness of the chocolate brown.  Below is a look at my quilting motif chalked onto the fabric.  What is your favorite marking tool??  I like those little chalk rollers.

                   Now THIS quilt is a Family Quilt made from scraps of my husband's grandmother's house dresses!!  Isn't that precious???  It has been very "loved" as you can tell by the torn blocks.  I plan on repairing ASAP IF I can't get it away from whomever is sitting on the couch and using it to snuggle up with.  This quilt is so soft and worn from years of love.  I can just imagine the love that went into making this quilt and all the love that went into "Ma Lonie" as she wore each of these house dresses.  I didn't know her well but she was an icon in my husband's family.  As the mother of Roger's mother, Ma Lonie hosted EVERY Holiday function at her little house with the wood heater.  Going to Ma Lonie's was tradition until she died in 1973.  Around 1975, the family began coming to My sweet MIL's house for Holidays.  I've only known holiday's at Edna's house but the memories of Holidays at Ma Lonie's live on in the many stories that are told each year at Christmas.  it seems that Ma Lonie LOVED Christmas so much that she ended up giving the children theri presents BEFORE Christmas simply because she couldn't wait!!!!  Being very poor, getting or receiving gifts was a HUGE event.  Ma Lonie was like a kid at Christmas and waiting for Christmas morning was just too much for her to do.  I never found out what they did on Christmas morning...I guess I need to ask that question before it's too late. 
                                                   How will I repair this without ruining the   quilt???
                                           I threw these last few pics in as extras.  I made a new Fall wreath for my front door!  I went to Hobby Lobby...my favorite store!!!...and bought fall flowers on sale for 30% and 50% off!!
Here is what one crafty crafter can do in one afternoon with some fake flowers, a grapevine wreath and a hot glue gun!!

MY NEW FALL DOOR WREATH
The colors are much prettier in real life but you get "the picture"
Blessings to all

GMAMA JANE

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilts and Fall wreath. You have done a beautiful job!!
    Loved reading about your family history. Christmas excitement is still big in our family too! I am so glad our girls (as adults) get very thrilled for Christmas to arrive. Lots of fun Christmas memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for your sweet comment on my fall leaf quilts post on Stash Manicure! You have no email listed on your profile, so I can only contact you this way! I've become a follower as requested! Come follow me as well at www.auntpollysporch.blogspot.com Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Loved reading your blog. Your grandchildren will have such wonderful memories when they are adults. Love your fall decorations! And to repair the quilt, I would applique over the worn out pieces and just re-quilt those areas.

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...