Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Grandmama's Doc -IN-A-Box


Not that this graphic expresses my usual Holiday cheer but after this past week with a head cold and general state of "yuck" , I have for the time being...Lost my HO..HO..HO! 

I haven't  blogged since Nov. 27th.  The Grandchildren kindly shared their little "cold germs" during a recent visit to Grandmama's Doc-In-A-Box last week!

My current attitude about Washington and most of our Government

I have fed, watered, given medicine, took temps, given baths, dispensed enough juice to hydrate a third world country, wiped booties, blew/wiped noses, filled vaporizers,and ran a short order restaurant so I suppose it was my turn to host the Germs for a few days.  With my Blood Pressure issues, I can't take a decongestant which rules out mega doses of Nyquil so I can sleep medicine.  Vicks vapor rub, Mucinex, and Advil are about as strong as I can take.


A Hot Shower followed with some Hot tea/lemon works wonders!  I think I'm on the last leg of the journey to Feeling a little less than Crummy.  I don't feel like quilting which is putting me behind on my Christmas gifts.  Maybe in a few days I will get my MoJo back and get back in the saddle. 

I have over 15 Mug Rugs cut out and waiting to be sewn together & quilted.  I have a little girls' apron ready to be cut out as well as some table runners in the design phase.  I had pictures but GUESS WHAT????................The Camera Battery is DEAD!!!


SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................on that note, I'll sign off for now and come back when I've found my HO Ho HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 Blessings
GMAMA JANE

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate colds. It seems whenever I get one it knocks me down for weeks on end. Hope you get all your projects completed. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the holidays are also a time to share germs...hang in there, get lots of rest and liquids. It's frustrating to get sick this time of year, but take care! I love your Wisemen cartoon...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! I'm so sorry about the cold but I share your sentiments about the wise men in Washington. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a really good smile on this post today! :) I can totally relate with sharing the germs that the grands so willingly pass out! Bless their hearts (and yours Grandma)!

    I hope you & your sweet family will feel better very soon and that you will get your Christmas spirit back! :) That your energy will return so you will feel like quilting again!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving a nice comment. I always appreciate hearing from my readers...:) It brings a bit of joy to my day!

    Blessings to you my dear friend,
    xoxo Gloria
    A rose for you: @}~`~}~~~

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...