Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Problems with Comments

To ALL MY LOYAL FOLLOWERS
Some of you have told me you are having trouble commenting on my blog as of the last post.
If that is true please send me an email.
However, a very sweet follower sent me this  little tidbit of Techi advice and she said it solved her problem and was then able to post.


I am unable to comment - not sure why blogger has this little quirk.  Another blog suggested we all go in and change our setting for comments FROM "imbedded in the post" TO "separate page or pop up."  I was able to leave a comment after she did that.
 
Truthfully, I'm not quite sure if I even understand, but give it a whirl as will I.
In the meantime, if I get more emails from you saying you're having a problem, I'll enlist the help of my sweet friend and mentor.
Madame Samm...She is the guru of troubleshooting blogger problems.  I just hate to bug her if I don't absolutely have too especially since she is spending so many hours on her digital design computer course.
Please let me know IF you are having a problem and IF this bit of advice helped solve your problem.

Blessings

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jane just thought i would try and comment for you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, let's see if it works for me too...here goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my computer guru! (my baby brother who lives in TX!) At one point I was having trouble and he 'hi-jacked' my computer and was operating it from TX! Crazy the things he can do!! LOL I do hope you get it all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was running into problems with commenting on certain blogs, and tried the "fix" you suggested about the pop up window. It worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a lot of people have been having problems lately. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, I just tried commenting from my laptop (an older mac) and was not able to comment. So I tried from my newer mac desk top and was able to leave this comment. I periodically have this problem...not sure why but my understanding is that you can not number your comments if you have comments on a separate page or pop up window. I like to have my comments numbered especially when I have a giveaway. Hope it gets figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. I'm not having any trouble...and I don't think anyone has had trouble commenting on mine. Although I have read that lots of other bloggers are having difficulties. Not sure what the deal is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my techie friends said that all the issues have to do with blogger which is owned by Google making it harder for people with Internet Explorer to use blogger...which means that only people who use Google chrome will be able to leave comments. I don`t know if that is true or not, but I made the switch to Google chrome back in august and haven`t had any problems( i still use IE for everything else though..lol)He also said if you do change your comment section to like how madame Samm has her`s you will run into less problems. So there ya go that is all i know..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im going to tell you what I told the Quilt n Queen. If you are using an older version of Explorer bcause you have windows XP that is your problem. I have reluctantly gone to google chrome and it has eliminated those problems. Some blogs are no longer compatible with the older version of explorer and unless you upgrade your system you cant upgrade Explorer. Its getting to be the end of the line for XP. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't comment from my older computer or if i click on the box to stay signed in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now, after your email I decided to try getting to you via Mozilla Firefox and lookie here!!! I can get to you AND post!! YEAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...