Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SPRING QUILTING FEVER


QUILTING FEVER

CATHEDRAL WINDOW PINCUSHION
Isn't this simply yummy?
In my need to sew fever, I Googled and found this wonderful tutorial loaded with step by step pictures HERE at MODA BAKESHOP

I NEED Pictures in my tutorials...LOTS of PICTURES
This one has it all!
 The Back of the Pincushion

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE this tutorial and pattern, PLUS if you GOOGLE, Cathedral Window Pin Cushion Images, you will get a whole Plethora of images of this little yummy pincushion!  I made 3 more but gave them away as door prizes to members of my Sassy Sewers group....which by the way they LOVED!! Now I have to make more because everyone wants one...Geesh, do you think my sewing Galfriends may be a Teeny bit Spoiled!
Let's move on and see what else I've been up to:

A "HUGS" QUILT

A "HUGS" quilt is given to someone close to me who is battling cancer, another illness, or any challenge in their life where I wish I could simply give them a BIG HUG!  I've shown this quilt i it's earlier stages and before I knew who was going to be the recipient.  
THE JEREMIAH 29:11 HUGS QUILT
IS FOR ALY J., A BELOVED YOUNG WOMAN BATTLING BREAST CANCER.
You can see where I embroidered the Scripture verse in the white strips.  This particular young lady was a member of my Sunday School classes all throughout Middle and High School and Jeremiah 29:11 was the class Scripture as well as my personal favorite for over 30 yrs.  
The girls always called me "Ms. Jane" which is more of a southern term of respect toward a woman older than you and considered disrespectful by most to call her by her first name and too formal to call her Mrs. *Last Name"...it's a southern thing I suppose.

NOW...My FIRST attempt to make String Quilt Blocks strictly from my SCRAP BOX!
 I used pages from my 2012 phone book to cut 6.5 and 8.0 size blocks
 Oooo...This is FUN!!
  I stayed up past midnight making String Quilt Blocks while switching the channel back and forth between FOX NEWS and CNN.  I'm a News Junky and with the Horrible BombingTragedy in  Boston  last week, I've been sewing along with TV watching making sure I was there for every bit of Breaking News!

SEW...
That's a Tidbit of what I've been up to this past week.
Here in America, the Boston Bombing has been Front and Center on the Hearts and Minds of every American Citizen.  My needle and thread, once again, has been my solace, my refuge in times of tragedy.  Of course, I turn to God in prayer but it is He that has given me this gift, this wonderful *hobby* for lack of a better term to turn to when I need to settle my soul.  
YOU UNDERSTAND
DON'T YOU??








4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Love all your wonderful projects. I need to try the string quilt one day. What a wonderful gift you are giving someone in need of some hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brenda. I've not posted as often lately because I've actually been quilting as you can see! I have taken on 2 clients and I'm hoping I can speed up my quilting in order to finish my client's quilts and still have time for my own. You would love the string quilts. it's so fun to put together such random looking strips of fabric and then once trimmed they just POP!! I think I like balancing my colors somewhat by that I mean if I have one strong color on one side, I use it on the other side only in a different width. Moda Bake Shop has some great tutorials for you to try out. let me know if you do. I think my next ones will be sewn on pieces of muslin because tearing the paper off is an extra step I don't like. Just FYI
      Blessings
      Gmama Jane

      Delete
  2. I totally understand. Though I am north of the border, the tragedy has had such an impact...think we could all use a hug quilt! What a wonderful idea...your friend will love it. Your string blocks are so fresh and vibrant...you're going to have a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hugs quilt is a wonderful gift. Great work on the string blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...