Favorite Scripture

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU...PLANS TO GIVE YOU A HOPE AND A FUTURE.
JEREMIAH 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, July 22, 2011

BLUEBERRY LOVE and RECIPE

It's Blueberry Picking Time

#1 Husband and I picked 6 gallons of Blueberries Monday evening
 
This is only ONE Bucket!
Don't WASH!  Spread single layer on a cookie sheet...FREEZE
Place in freezer bags...Enjoy this winter!


Here is a super easy and Fantastic Blueberry Recipe

Blueberry Buckle

Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
3 T. butter, cut into pieces

Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 t. vanilla extract
3 cups (about 2 pints) blueberries

1.  Prepare streusel topping: In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

2.  Prepare cake: Preheat oven to 375.  Grease and flour 13" x 9" baking pan.  In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.

3.  In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar together until blended, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula.  Increase speed to medium-high; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Reduce speed to low; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, occasionally scraping bowl.

4.  In cup, combine milk and vanilla.  To egg mixture, add flour mixture with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.  Beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.  Gently fold in blueberries.

5.  Spoon batter into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.  Sprinkle with topping.

Blueberry Cobbler

Blueberry Cheesecake

My Daughter LOVED 
Blueberry Muffin 
 Back in the 80's

 Mr. Blueberry
I wish I knew where this is!!??
Baby w/ Blueberry Bow!
How cute is this?
Courtesy of Lighthouse Photography
Premier Children and Family Photography
http://lighthouselifeinpictures.com/


7 comments:

  1. Those blueberries sure look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I picked blueberries last week but only picked about a quarter of what you picked. I can't imagine how long it took you to pick that many!!! I freeze them the same way you do....but measure them into 1/2 cup amounts before bagging them....really easy then to pull out the amount I need for a recipe over the winter. LOVE 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe all those blueberries came from ONE bush?? It took us a good 2 hours but fortunately the sun had set and it was cooler than that afternoon. I wasn't going to let the heat keep me from picking all those luscious blueberries just hanging there. We had a rain yesterday afternoon so another picking will be ready! There are 4 more bushes that haven't been touched! No one wants to brave the heat to pick them and I was guilty of that last year but promised myself this summer I was not going to let heat keep me from picking as many blueberries as I could pick.
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I miss our blueberry bushes!! I'll have to settle for figs this year, huh Jane?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh when I saw that Blueberry muffin photo I could just smell her. Remember those dolls and how they were all scented?

    I love blueberries. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluberries are my husband's favorite! I can't wait to try your Blueberry Buckle recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings to all of you who have taken the time to leave your thoughtful comments. I read each one and hope you will come back often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...